Already have a Username/Password for Crossroads - Studies on the History of Exchange Relations in the East Asian World?
Go to Login
Need a Username/Password?
Go to Registration
Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- The submission has not been previously published, nor is it before another journal for consideration.
- The submission file is in Microsoft Word or RTF document file format.
- Where available, URLs for the references have been provided.
- Authors should prepare their text according to the stylistic and bibliographic requirements outlined in the Author Guidelines, which is found in About the Journal. If this is not possible for them, they may contact the editors and submit their text in the original form for discussing further steps.
- Illustrations and other graphics placed within the text at the appropriate points, the author additionally transmits as separate files.
- If submitting to a peer-reviewed section to the journal, the instructions in Ensuring a Blind Review have been followed.
The journal takes the stance that the publication of scholarly research is meant to disseminate knowledge and, in a not-for-profit regime, benefits neither publisher nor author financially. It sees itself as having an obligation to its authors and to society to make content available online now that the technology allows for such a possibility.
Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication, with the work one year after publication simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal.
After expiry of an embargo period of 12 months after publication, authors are admitted to depose their own articles in discipline-specific or institutional repositories.
The authors agree to the terms of this Copyright Notice, which will apply to this submission if and when it is published by this journal.
The names and email addresses entered in the Crossroads journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes and will not be made available for any other purposes or to any other party.